Thursday, November 24, 2005

An American Thanksgiving-America's future visits Spain-Spain's future is an American


Happy Thanksgiving Family and Friends!
As an American son of proud Naturalized Immigrants from Spain, I am thankful for my country. Although I love my heritage I'm so happy and blessed to have been born in America and love her even more. I am so grateful to live in a country where I can love and worship my God and Savior, have the opportunity to be what I want to be if I'm willing to do the work. I'm thankful because in America I am able to honor and fortunate to consider friends many of those who don't share my beliefs or politics. I'm free to live whereever I want to in this beautiful and vast land. Indeed I am hopeful that our beautiful daugther's future is as wide as the sky is blue because she is an American! This is the very same hope that kept my my mother and father (a Spanish Physician/Surgeon) in America! Whether you agree with the "War" or not, one thing I'm proud of is that Our Brave Military has given 50 million Muslims a CHANCE to cultivate the Freedon our forefathers won for us 222 years ago. Our BRAVE Military saved Britan, France and South Korea a generation ago. Japan, Germany and South Korea are great democracies today thanks to Our Military! The USSR has been tossed onto the "Ash Heap of History!" because of America, her strength, generosity and singlemindedness. For giving millions of foreigners a chance to Dream, blooming in this America of ours and for exporting to many corners of the World the Gift of Liberty by sacrificing the priceless cost our soldiers' blood, I'm proud to be a American!
To quote Yakov Smirnoff, one of my Favrorite comedians and a Naturalized American who came from Russia in 1977 with a 100 bucks in his pocket, "WHAT A COUNTRY!" Have a Joyous Day of Thanks in United States the land of The AMERICAN Dream!
Francis X. Yubero, M.D.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home