Friday, July 06, 2007

Greater than 30% IMG it is growing

The United States is seeing a growing number of international medical graduates (IMGs). You can find IMGs in virtually all specialties, but they are especially prominent in internal medicine (32 percent), cardiology (30 percent), anesthesiology (31 percent) and family practice (16 percent), according to the American Medical Association.
How can IMGs obtain a J waiver?
  1. "interested government agency" (IGA) must agree to sponsor the IMG to work in a federally designated health professional shortage area or a medically underserved area. There are thousands of these areas throughout the United States.
  2. the government grants a limited number of waivers to physicians whose spouses and children, if they are U.S. citizens or permanent residents, would suffer "exceptional hardship" if they had to return to the physician's home country.
  3. Who sponsors J waivers?
    • Federal sponsoring agencies include the Department of Health and Human Services, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Appalachian Regional Commission and the Delta Regional Authority.

Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story.
Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.


Post a Comment

<< Home